Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) Peel
Important Advice for patients treated with TCA
1. Soon after your treatment with TCA there may be slight redness to the skin, especially when the face is treated. This is perfectly normal and as a general rule should disappear within one or two hours.
2. Skin treated with TCA should not be washed until the following morning. Avoid contact with water on all treated areas until the morning following the treatment.
3. Avoid jewellery and/or metals coming into contact with the treated areas until the day following the treatment.
4. Always use a sun protection cream (minimum SPF25) for at least two weeks following the TCA treatment. Patients receiving TCA treatment have no natural resistance to UVA or UV13 light and exposure to the sun, even in winter, can cause damage to the skin.
5. Always use the moisturiser or treatment cream recommended by your practitioner, twice a day (evening and morning)
6. Do not use moisturisers or creams that contain AHA's (fruit acids) as they may cause excessive and possibly detrimental exfoliation leading to skin damage.
For more information on our Medical Peels and other services including; Botox, Collagen, Hair Removal and Skin Treatment, please feel free to contact us.
Charismetics are able to provide expert consultation in treatments including; Thread Veins, Acne Removal, Spider Veins and Tooth Whitening solutions.
have always had problem skin; acne scars from my teenage years,
dark patches from sun exposure over the years and a general
“blah” appearance. I was keen on having a chemical peel after
seeing it on one of those make-over shows. The normal skin peels
from the beauty shops that I’d had a couple of times just weren’t
strong enough to make a difference, and because I have darker
skin, I was worried that a stronger peel might result in a patchy
At my consultation, the procedure, treatment expectations and
results were explained to me in detail. I wanted to go ahead
and have the treatment done right away but was told I would
need to use a skin preparation cream for two weeks prior to
the treatment to prevent the blotchy effect I had dreaded.
After my course of four peels, my skin feels so soft and everyone
has commented on how much better it looks. In fact three of
my girlfriends have had the peel done after seeing the effects
on my skin. Even though I didn’t think they had problem skin
I have noticed that their skin definitely looks better. Now
I don’t feel I must wear make-up and can get by with some light
powder when I’m going out.
Daphne, Rugeley, Staffordshire